Wednesday 21 May 2008

New head writer

Steven Moffat who wrote some fantastic Doctor Who episodes (The Empty Child 2-parter, Girl in the Fireplace,Blink and the upcoming Silence in the library 2-parter) will be taking over Doctor Who for Series 5, he had this to say:

"My entire career has been a Secret Plan to get this job," Moffat continued. "I applied before but I got knocked back 'cos the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven.

"Anyway, I'm glad the BBC has finally seen the light, and it's a huge honour to be following Russell into the best - and the toughest - job in television."

And Russell T Davies commented saying :
"It's been a delight and an honour working with Steven, and I can't wait to see where his extraordinary imagination takes the Doctor. Best of all, I get to be a viewer again, watching on a Saturday night!"

I think this is great news as I have loved every one of Stevens episodes.

No comments: